After weeks of rumors, it’s now confirmed that Sydney Sweeney and her former fiancé, Jonathan Davino, have officially broken up. The couple ended their relationship for good after calling off their wedding in early March 2025. The news comes after reports revealed that Sweeney had been staying alone at the Beverly Hills Hotel since mid-February—raising questions about whether the engagement was still on.
Sweeney and Davino started dating in 2018 and got engaged in February 2022. At first, the wedding was reportedly postponed due to their busy schedules. However, according to sources, the split wasn’t entirely unexpected, since their relationship had been “rocky for a long time.”
On Monday, March 31, a source told People that Sweeney has been focusing on work following the end of her engagement. “She’s exactly where she wants to be. Most people would feel overwhelmed by her working schedule this year, but not Syd. She’s all about working right now and very excited about all her projects.”
Lately, Sweeney has been fully focused on her work, including the upcoming third season of Euphoria and a biopic about boxer Christy Martin. The source also said about Sweeney: “She is in the middle of this magical career that she could only dream of a few years ago. This is what she wants to focus on right now”.
According to Page Six, the wedding was originally planned for spring, but Sweeney was reportedly “extremely busy” and felt she “couldn’t handle the stress.” The source added, “She’s not ready to settle down. They only lasted for this long because it was hard for her to break it off. Didn’t split because there is no love. They split because she just wants to focus on her career right now.”
©PRISA MEDIA USA, INC. All rights reserved.
PRISA MEDIA USA, INC, expressly reserves the right to reproduce and use the works and other services accessible from this website by machine-readable media or other suitable means.